IT-Enterprise Licensing Policy
The customer can choose one of two IT-Enterprise licensing schemes. By choice of the customer, the license may be:
- Competitive full;
- Local full.
The full license provides any user the ability to work with any functions of all purchased modules. When configuring a user's workplace, the system administrator can restrict the particular user to accessing certain functions. User limits do not depend on the computer from which it was connected to the system.
The cost of a full license reflects only the cost of the purchased functionality. Therefore, when buying IT-Enterprise, customers do not overpay for unnecessary functions. In addition, the company pays the functionality of the modules in stages, according to the schedule of the system implementation - there is no need to pay 100% of the licenses cost at the beginning of the project.
Competitive license means limiting the number of simultaneously working users according to the number of competitive licenses purchased by the customer. Typically, competitive licenses are purchased with a coefficient of 1.5-2 to computers, that is, for example, for 100 workstations (computers) required 50-70 competitive licenses. The recommended number of competitive licenses is determined on the basis of statistics of completed projects at industrial plants of a similar scale and industry. The policy of providing competitive full licenses of the IT-Enterprise ERP system allows taking into account changes in the composition of users of the system during the implementation and operation:
- when streamlining the structure of the enterprise, there is a reduction of staff (users of the system) in duplicating functions (for example, in the accounting department, under the transition from the introduction inputing to the documents control the reduction of employees is by 25-30%);
- in places of information geneeration there is an increase in the number of system users (the input of primary documents in the system at the point of its origin) with a parallel decrease in the total number of accountants through increased productivity and the implementation of modern management technologies;
- new business users appears to solve new tasks (for example, to account quality parameters according to ISO 9001: 2000);
- new business users appears for information analysis;
- when organizing schemes of electronic process document workflow new users appear in places of decision making;
- when implementing the license project, the ACS department is used more licenses. After implementation, in the operating mode, the trend is reversed.
On the basis of the above reasons it is inappropriate to calculate the need for competitive licenses, based on the current availability of computers by users and the current structure. The number of licenses should be determined by the complexity of the enterprise in comparison with similar automation projects. Distribution of computer equipment by department may vary during project implementation stages and should not be a project constraint.
Local licensing means licensing individual computers (one license per computer). The cost of a local license is determined as 0.667 from the cost of the competitive license.